The Eduqas examination board is used.
Pre-20th Century Prose – Students read and explore ‘A Christmas Carol’ by Charles Dickens
Non-fiction – Students explore a range of modern and pre-20th Century non-fiction and media texts as well as developing the skills required to create their own
Modern Prose – We read a number of extracts taken from modern prose, exploring how a writer develops character, tension and content.
Poetry – Students read and analyse a range of poems from an anthology supplied by the exam board.
Creative writing – The skills to write narrative pieces are developed.
- An essay exploring an extract from ‘A Christmas Carol’ which is then linked to the wider play (October).
- A Component 2 exam paper (Non-fiction/media reading and writing) (December).
- A Component 1 exam paper (March)
- An essay exploring an extract from ‘Blood Brothers’ which is then linked to the wider play (April).
- Component 1 and Component 2 exam papers (June).