Committee Information Page
|FULL GOVERNING BOARD
FINANCIAL & ADMINISTRATIVE ARRANGEMENTS
It is the Governing Body’s intention to delegate their responsibilities adequately to the committees and to the Headteacher and Staff, so as to ensure the most efficient and effective delivery of policy.
Each Committee will be supported by non-governor members of the school staff, who will make appropriate recommendations for consideration and provide the research or evidence as required by the committee. The members of the school staff will be invited to join the committee deliberations as the occasion demands, but will not have the power to vote.
Membership of the Committees and their terms of reference will be reviewed at the first meeting of the full Governing Body each Autumn Term.
The Headteacher is granted delegated powers to manage the Staffing Budget within the terms of reference established by the governors for appointments,
i.e. appointment panels of Governors to be convened for all permanent teaching appointments. Panel need not be quorate.
THE POLICY AND FINANCE COMMITTEE
- Determine and monitor the policies related to Finance and Premises within the statutory powers of delegation outlined in the Statutory Instruments 9SI) 1503.
- Prepare the Budget for approval by the Full Governing Body.
- Allocate itemised budgets and exercise virements between headings as necessary.
- Approve individual orders that are over £20,000. In exceptional circumstances this may be approved by the Headteacher subject to agreement by the Chair of the Policy and Finance Committee and ratified at a subsequent Finance and Policy Committee. Orders up to £20,000 may be approved by the Headteacher. The School Business Manager may approve orders that amount to less than £10,000 of the delegated budget. This figure to be reviewed annually.
- Monitor expenditure, discussing any variations with those with responsibility for the appropriate budget.
- Liaise with any externally managed funds, so that an overall policy on expenditure is determined to the best advantage of the school.
- Review regularly the condition of the school buildings and grounds, and have responsibility for the requirements of health and safety regulations.
- Make recommendations to the L.A. for minor works.
- Determine plans for the improvement or extension of the school buildings, other than maintenance; invite, consider and approve quotations from contractors.
- Consider all aspects of the usage, efficiency and potential development of the school premises.
- Liaise with local community groups and organisations on matters concerning the school curriculum and the use of the school premises.
- Determine appropriate lettings policies, including the appropriate charges.
- It may act as a working party on other matters and make appropriate recommendations to the full governing body.
- Monitor and Evaluate progress of the SIP: Site.
- Focus on the current Ofsted Evaluation Framework relating to aspects of Leadership.
- Prepare the Schools Financial Value Statement
STUDENT & PERSONNEL COMMITTEE
- Determine policies and procedures for all matters concerning staffing, including appointments, pay, performance management, grievance, discipline, redundancy or dismissal.
- To ensure that there are effective and enforceable policies on child protection, bullying and equal opportunities and that all students have confidence that these issues will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- To ensure as far as possible Abbot Beyne is a place of positive experience and enjoyment for students and that the Rewards system reflects this.
- To monitor the effectiveness of the school’s behaviour policy and procedures including attendance and use of exclusion
- To ensure that regard is paid to students’ spiritual, moral, social, emotional and cultural development.
- To review the Performance Management Policy
- Monitor and Evaluate progress of the SIP: Support and Inclusion.
- Focus on the current Ofsted Evaluation Framework relating to behaviour and safety of Students.
- Form a sub-committee of 3 non-employee governors to –
- Review and set annual targets for the Headteacher’s performance
- Annually review the Headteacher’s Performance & Salary
- Form the Pay Committee
The members of these sub-committees will not serve on the Committee which considers appeals by staff on personnel issues.
PERFORMANCE & STANDARDS COMMITTEE
- Determine policies and procedures for all matters concerning the curriculum, learning and examination outcomes
- Advise the governing body on all matters relating to delivery of the curriculum.
- Revise annually those curricular policies (e.g. Sex Education) which are required by the Education Reform Act, in order to make firm recommendations for the full governing body.
- Oversee arrangements for the school’s monitoring system, including assessment procedures, reports and appropriate communications with parents.
- To monitor and review academic arrangement to ensure the school delivers a broad and balanced curriculum in keeping with the ethos of the school and the requirements of the National Curriculum
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of Learning and Teaching.
- Monitor and evaluate all examination outcomes and data relating to school performance and standards.
- Monitor and Evaluate progress of the SIP: Learning and Curriculum.
Focus on the current Ofsted Evaluation Framework relating to Outcomes of students and Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment